No, it was the herring who did the juggling.

No, it was the herring who did the juggling.
Tiny little ginsu knives. Really very dangerous. One false move and they could have filleted themselves.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You dare to challenge God?

I am in a foul mood.

Why? Because I am in so much pain I can barely think, I keep throwing up in my mouth, and the muscles in my right hip and foot are determined to cramp up by shortening themselves to what feels like about 10% of their original length. Oh yes, and because I am supposed to be going to a metal concert in about 3 hours. And not just any metal concert either. No, I have a ticket to see an awesome band (Arch Enemy)...again. This is my third attempt to see them. The first time I managed to get myself to about 100 metres from the concert when I was hit with a porph attack so bad I had to go home. The second time I had a ticket I was too sick to even attempt to use it. I will be most annoyed indeed if I am unable to make it yet again today.

I was recently re-watching the Dethtroll episode of Metalocalypse, and I was struck by Cardinal Ravenwood's line that I've used as the title of this post. To put this in context, Dethklok has summoned a troll and Cardinal Ravenwood is squabbling with ... uh ... with that Satanist guy whose name escapes me right now. Anyway, Cardinal Ravenwood gets huffy with Satanist Guy for suggesting that the troll and other such creatures are as strong as God, which leads to the "You dare to challenge God?" line. I like this for many reasons, not the least of which that I'm an athiest with a fairly strong disdain for religion. So yes, I dare to challenge God.

Ugh. I had a religion/health rant all planned here, but I'm in too much fraking pain right now. I'll save it for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment